Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by today!
God never changes, but everything else does.
We even say, I'd like to do something different - for a change.
Remember the sign on nursery doors of some churches:
"We shall not sleep but we shall all be changed..." I Corinthians 15:51
Changes can be good or bad, changes can be made by us or by others that affect us.
Time can change so many things - people, circumstances, seasons, countries...The only thing that doesn't change is that change will happen.
Anything living, though, grows. There is change. We can fight change, bear with change, dislike change or embrace change - depending on the change. I like change if I like the change!
Many people don't change until forced into it.
I would way rather choose my change, and be pro-active in that.
If you want a change, make a change!
But what happens when things change that you weren't planning on?
What do you do with surprise or unwanted change?
The following are some good points on how to deal with known change, surprise change or unwanted change:
1. What is the change? break it down, write it down. What is it?
2. How do you feel about the change? positive, negative, unsure?
3. Can or should or could anything be done about the change? Is it just the way it is?
4. If the changes are inevitable, what are the best ways to cope or deal with the change(s)? eg. a loss, a job change, some family changes
5. It is possible to embrace the change and if so, what does that look like?
Embracing the change doesn't mean the change was right or okay - you embrace the change by walking into the new and letting go of the old, especially if you can't do anything about it. Some things just can't go back to the way things were.
6. Make a list of 5 options or alternatives that you can best respond to the change.
- dream, have fun with it, even if some of the points seem out of reach.
Dream big. (Esphesians 3:20)
7. List the options in order of what is the best direction for the situation at this time.
8. Go forward! with the best direction. Don't let change stagnate you.
God always has a plan and a way and He loves you!
God helps us in our direction and in dealing with change in every single aspect of our lives. He helps us with planning and with future, with setting our course.
Changes never surprise the Lord. He is always on our side, always has a plan to get us through, out and into the great future He has for us.
Remember, God is the Changer Who never changes.
Hebrews 13:8 NKJV says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."
That means His promises are always true to us.
Romans 12:2 AMPC - "Do not be conformed to this world (this age), .... but be transformed (changed) by the (entire) renewal of your mind..."
He transforms us wonderfully as we behold who we are in His word.
2 Corinthians 3:18 "And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continue to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured (changed) into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another..."