One thing Helen Keller said that was so good, "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.
Proverbs 29:18 KJV says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
We need to have goals, vision and purpose, or we live an empty life.
God never intended that, He wants us fulfilled and doing what we are here on this earth for.
Vision is what God has called you to do.
Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going and what will guide your journey.
Who we are - is found in Christ.
Phil. 3:9 AMP "...And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him...'
vs. 10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him..."
That is our purpose - to know Jesus and then we find out who we are.
People go all over the world 'looking for themselves', when really we need to find out why we were created and that is found in getting to know our Creator!
Where we are going - is the future God has for us. These are good plans!
Jeremiah 29:11 NKV "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Who (what) will guide our journey - God by His word and Spirit!
Psalm 119:105 KJV "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Romans 8:14 NKJ "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God."
We all have a purpose for being on this earth. God created each of us with gifts, talents and interests. Our purpose, when we find it, gives us joy. It inspires and energizes.
Your passion is a great indicator to what your vision is.
Here are some simple questions to help clarify what your vision is:
1. What do you enjoy so much you don't notice time passing?
2. What would you do if you had more money than needed?
3. What would you like to accomplish in your lifetime?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
6. What do you do so well people say you should be paid for it?
7. What are you trained to do?
8. What step could you take today that would take you closer to your vision or if you are already walking in your vision, could help you walk in a greater fulfillment of that vision?
9. Write down your answers so that you can see a fuller picture of your vision.
Habakkuk 2:2 NKJ says, “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets,That he may run who reads it."
Remember, God loves you so much. He is with you and will never forsake you and will never quit working in your life!
Philippians 1:6 KJV says, "He who began a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."